Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lennar ( LEN) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Lennar rose $1.32 (3.5%) to $39.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,090,861 shares of Lennar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,592,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.50-$39.77 after having opened the day at $38.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.19. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 10.6%, M/I Homes ( MHO), up 8.7%, DR Horton ( DHI), up 8.3% and Sharps Compliance ( SMED), up 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Lennar Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.