Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $1.85 (1.9%) to $96.54 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,006,207 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,234,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $95.57-$97.17 after having opened the day at $95.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $94.69. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Cesca Therapeutics ( KOOL), up 28.8%, Zimmer Holdings ( ZMH), up 11.5%, Aetna ( AET), up 5.9% and Amedica Corporation ( AMDA), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.