Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. E*Trade Financial ( ETFC) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, E*Trade Financial rose $1.17 (5.4%) to $22.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,973,487 shares of E*Trade Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,864,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.80-$23.25 after having opened the day at $22.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.50. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Security National Financial ( SNFCA), up 7.5%, Harris & Harris Group ( TINY), up 5.5%, JMP Group ( JMP), up 5.2% and Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full E*Trade Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.