Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $43.02 (8.2%) to $567.77 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 26,881,340 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,486,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $560.73-$570.00 after having opened the day at $568.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $524.75. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 9.5%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 5.0%, Digi International ( DGII), up 3.3% and Astro-Med ( ALOT), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.