Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sigma-Aldrich ( SIAL) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Sigma-Aldrich rose $0.94 (1.0%) to $94.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 676,345 shares of Sigma-Aldrich exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 632,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $94.32-$97.64 after having opened the day at $95.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.82. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioAmber ( BIOA), up 6.7%, PetroLogistics ( PDH), up 6.5%, Gevo ( GEVO), up 5.5% and Methanex ( MEOH), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.