- PTP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.3 million.
- PTP has traded 876 shares today.
- PTP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PTP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PTP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PTP: Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides property and marine, casualty, and finite risk reinsurance coverage products worldwide. It operates in three segments: Property and Marine, Casualty, and Finite Risk. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. PTP has a PE ratio of 8.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Platinum Underwriters Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Platinum Underwriters Holdings has been 166,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Platinum Underwriters has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 2.7% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Platinum Underwriters Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PTP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 149.89% to $6.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HLDG has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.28%.
- The gross profit margin for PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HLDG is rather high; currently it is at 50.10%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PTP's net profit margin of 43.99% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 12.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 9.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.