Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Amgen fell $5.98 (-5.0%) to $113.32 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,910,869 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,719,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $111.51-$116.45 after having opened the day at $116.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $119.30. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Intuitive Surgical ( ISRG), down 11.5%, XenoPort ( XNPT), down 10.0%, PTC Therapeutics ( PTCT), down 9.3% and Immunomedics ( IMMU), down 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.