Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alaska Air Group ( ALK) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Alaska Air Group rose $2.17 (2.3%) to $95.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,033,294 shares of Alaska Air Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 780,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $94.75-$96.77 after having opened the day at $94.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.79. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Navigator Holdings ( NVGS), up 11.8%, Hawaiian Holdings ( HA), up 6.9%, Tsakos Energy Navigation ( TNP), up 6.4% and Delta Air Lines ( DAL), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alaska Air Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.