Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Skyworks Solutions ( SWKS) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Skyworks Solutions rose $3.54 (9.3%) to $41.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,135,947 shares of Skyworks Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,292,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.36-$41.97 after having opened the day at $41.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.96. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Sanmina ( SANM), up 14.5%, Net Element ( NETE), up 9.4%, Aetrium ( ATRM), up 8.6% and Medidata Solutions ( MDSO), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Skyworks Solutions Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.