Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose $1.24 (1.4%) to $88.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,890,744 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,571,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.73-$88.57 after having opened the day at $86.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.89. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: WR Berkley ( WRB), up 2.6%, Employers Holdings ( EIG), up 2.4%, Everest Re Group ( RE), up 1.9% and Imperial Holdings ( IFT), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.