Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Illumina ( ILMN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Illumina rose $5.71 (3.9%) to $153.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,325,314 shares of Illumina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,200,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $149.31-$158.50 after having opened the day at $157.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $147.98. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Recro Pharma ( REPH), up 24.4%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical ( AXN), up 14.3%, GW Pharmaceuticals ( GWPH), up 13.9% and XTL Biopharmaceuticals ( XTLB), up 12.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.