Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $2.00 (1.2%) to $165.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,962,348 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,031,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $160.59-$166.00 after having opened the day at $163.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $163.65. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Recro Pharma ( REPH), up 24.4%, Aoxing Pharmaceutical ( AXN), up 14.3%, GW Pharmaceuticals ( GWPH), up 13.9% and XTL Biopharmaceuticals ( XTLB), up 12.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.