Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dean Foods ( DF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Dean Foods rose $0.18 (1.1%) to $15.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,583,869 shares of Dean Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,398,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.68-$16.25 after having opened the day at $15.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.68. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Elizabeth Arden ( RDEN), up 11.9%, SodaStream International ( SODA), up 10.7%, China XD Plastics ( CXDC), up 8.4% and Standard Register ( SR), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dean Foods Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.