Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $0.56 (2.0%) to $29.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,583,629 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,890,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.38-$29.25 after having opened the day at $28.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.46. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: BioFuel Energy ( BIOF), up 14.8%, Hugoton Royalty ( HGT), up 14.8%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 8.8% and Allied Nevada Gold ( ANV), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.