Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lam Research ( LRCX) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lam Research as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LRCX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $135.3 million.
- LRCX is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LRCX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LRCX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LRCX: Lam Research Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, refurbishes, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The company offers plasma etch products that remove materials from the wafer to create the features and patterns of a device. LRCX has a PE ratio of 27.7. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Lam Research a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lam Research has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lam Research has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 5% with 2.88 days to cover. Shares are down 2.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lam Research as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although LRCX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, LRCX has a quick ratio of 2.25, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2075.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.62% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 2225.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.41 million to $148.99 million.
- You can view the full Lam Research Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.