- Achieved one of the lowest injury and illness rates in company history, decreasing the rate by 12 percent;
- Significantly reduced energy intensity and greenhouse-gas-emissions intensity due to initiatives including the separation of its former commodity chemicals;
- Reduced air emissions, water consumption and water discharge;
- Achieved 21 percent of sales from sustainable products;
- Implemented wellness programs in more than 115 PPG manufacturing sites around the world;
- Increased engagement initiatives in PPG communities; and
- Distributed more than $5.3 million in charitable funds globally.
PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) outlines its progress toward the company’s 2020 sustainability goals in its 2013 Corporate Sustainability Report, which is now available online at www.ppg.com/csr. In 2013, the company increased energy efficiency; improved employee safety, health and well-being; and strengthened its pipeline of sustainable new products. Highlights of the company’s progress last year include: