- VVC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.6 million.
- VVC has traded 6,244 shares today.
- VVC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VVC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VVC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VVC: Vectren Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides energy delivery services to residential, commercial, and industrial and other contract customers in Indiana and Ohio. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. VVC has a PE ratio of 23.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Vectren a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vectren has been 327,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vectren has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.52 days to cover. Shares are up 12.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vectren as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VVC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 111.64% to $198.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VECTREN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.81%.
- VECTREN CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VECTREN CORP reported lower earnings of $1.66 versus $1.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.25 versus $1.66).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 16.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $42.80 million to $49.80 million.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Vectren Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.