Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Amphenol Corp Class A ( APH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amphenol Corp Class A as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.3 million.
- APH has traded 7,018 shares today.
- APH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APH: Amphenol Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets electrical, electronic, and fiber optic connectors; interconnect systems, antennas, sensors, and sensor-based products; and coaxial and specialty cables worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APH has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Amphenol Corp Class A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amphenol Corp Class A has been 622,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amphenol Corp Class A has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amphenol Corp Class A as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.03% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, APH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- AMPHENOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMPHENOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.92 versus $3.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.24 versus $3.92).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $211.33 million or 2.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMPHENOL CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.51%.
- APH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.75 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.36 is sturdy.
- You can view the full Amphenol Corp Class A Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.