NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company and premier provider of enterprise-class hosting, managed applications, managed messaging and managed cloud services , announced a key addition to its suite of cloud storage and data replication solutions with the launch of its NaviCloud® Vault: Data Domain® solution. Enabling a secure, reliable, highly available, off-site replication service that leverages EMC® Data Domain deduplication storage systems, the NaviCloud Vault: Data Domain offering delivers a comprehensive, cost-effective, and scalable solution.
The ever increasing volume of content, data storage and retention poses a dramatically increased challenge for enterprises. NaviCloud Vault: Data Domain enables businesses with a flexible, on-demand, cloud-based model to scale their off-site storage capacity without the need for any upfront capital outlay. It also eliminates the need for traditional off-site physical tape backup services, thereby reducing both risk and cost, while enhancing data availability and uptime.
The NaviCloud Vault solution is designed to address the needs of customers that are currently using EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems in their on-premise data protection schema. By collaborating with EMC, NaviSite is able to support a broad range of enterprise storage applications designed to work with the Data Domain storage system to consolidate, backup and archive data with high-speed inline deduplication. The multi-tenant solution is designed to deliver economies of scale and hosted securely across one of NaviSite’s enterprise-grade SSAE-16 compliant data centers. It offers many unique features including:
- Firewall Services: Shared firewall infrastructure on the front-end of the Data Domain system.
- Internet Bandwidth: Multi-homed internet bandwidth at the NaviSite Data Center for secure connectivity to the customer network.
- Managed Services: 24/7 monitoring and management with ready access to a pool of skilled professionals.
- Professional Services: Services to design and implement a Data Domain system and Firewall tailored to customer specifications
- Integrated with NaviSite’s Solutions Portfolio: Integration with NaviSite’s Cloud and Managed Hosting portfolio of services.
“EMC technology is at the foundation of the world’s most trusted and innovative cloud solutions. We are excited to collaborate with NaviSite as they bring to market a differentiated EMC Powered offering that will help customers manage their data replication and storage requirements with a secure, flexible and scalable solution,” said Michelle De Hertogh, senior director, strategic partner marketing, EMC Corporation. “We continue to broaden our ecosystem of partners who share in our vision to help customers transform their IT and build upon our shared portfolio of storage solutions.”