NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- C.R. Bard, Inc (BCR) posted first quarter 2014 revenue of $799.3 million after today's market close, an 8% year over year quarterly increase, beating analysts consensus estimates of $787.1 million.
The company reporter first quarter net income of $148.4 million, or $1.86 per diluted share, which beat analysts estimates by 2 cents per share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more.
TheStreet Ratings team rates BARD (C.R.) INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BARD (C.R.) INC (BCR) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 444.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.42% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BCR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 420.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $128.20 million to $667.50 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BARD (C.R.) INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 201.83% to $706.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BARD (C.R.) INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.34%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BCR Ratings Report