Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medidata Solutions ( MDSO) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Medidata Solutions fell $11.98 (-22.7%) to $40.71 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,506,970 shares of Medidata Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 754,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $37.15-$43.50 after having opened the day at $43.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.69. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Edgewater Technology ( EDGW), down 13.3%, Lexmark International ( LXK), down 11.2%, UBIC ( UBIC), down 10.1% and Castlight Health Inc Class B ( CSLT), down 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Medidata Solutions Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.