Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell $0.10 (-1.2%) to $8.09 on light volume. Throughout the day, 14,700,485 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,016,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.96-$8.27 after having opened the day at $8.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.19. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: bebe stores ( BEBE), down 9.9%, RadioShack ( RSH), down 7.6%, Wet Seal ( WTSL), down 3.3% and Liberator Medical Holdings ( LBMH), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.