Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Brown & Brown ( BRO) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Brown & Brown fell $1.19 (-4.0%) to $28.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,380,729 shares of Brown & Brown exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,013,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.69-$29.59 after having opened the day at $29.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.10. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), down 2.1%, Fidelity and Guaranty Life ( FGL), down 2.0% and First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 1.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Brown & Brown Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.