Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sony Corporation ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Sony Corporation fell $0.32 (-1.7%) to $18.68 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,472,841 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,593,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.57-$18.75 after having opened the day at $18.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.00. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Royal Philips ( PHG), down 5.6%, Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), down 3.7%, Norcraft Companies ( NCFT), down 1.8% and Acme United Corporation ( ACU), down 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.