Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent rose $0.09 (2.4%) to $3.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,163,321 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,027,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.83-$3.92 after having opened the day at $3.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.83. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Calix ( CALX), up 8.2%, eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 7.1%, Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 6.6% and Lumos Networks ( LMOS), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.