Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Fastenal Company ( FAST) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Fastenal Company rose $0.53 (1.1%) to $50.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,789,379 shares of Fastenal Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,494,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.80-$50.72 after having opened the day at $49.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.00. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: India Globalization Capital ( IGC), up 25.4%, Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 5.3%, China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 5.0% and Stock Building Supply Holdings ( STCK), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Fastenal Company Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.