Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $1.28 (1.6%) to $82.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,535,927 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,740,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.78-$82.73 after having opened the day at $81.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.00. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 7.2%, Fortegra Financial ( FRF), up 5.4%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), up 4.8% and Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.