Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.6%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $8.22 (2.8%) to $306.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,744,233 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,795,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $300.00-$309.17 after having opened the day at $300.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $297.98. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals ( GWPH), up 32.2%, Revance Therapeutics ( RVNC), up 25.8%, Evoke Pharma ( EVOK), up 18.2% and Idera Pharmaceuticals ( IDRA), up 16.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.