Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Celanese Corporation ( CE) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Celanese Corporation rose $1.97 (3.4%) to $60.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,369,571 shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,117,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.94-$61.82 after having opened the day at $60.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.12. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Gevo ( GEVO), up 35.6%, Camac Energy ( CAK), up 10.9%, Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 9.0% and Ceres ( CERE), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Celanese Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.