- All CB A breweries are committed to recycling and waste diversion programs; in 2013, our Portland brewery, which is our largest, achieved a significant 99.4% landfill diversion rate, primarily as a result of the more than 30 tons of brewers’ spent grain delivered to local dairy farms.
- Across CB A , we rigorously track several Key Performance Indicators around reducing our carbon footprint. In 2013, we reduced the amount of natural gas therms used to produce a barrel of beer by 6.3%, putting our overall therms per barrel at an industry-leading 1.67.
- Our Portsmouth brewery implemented an innovative water reclamation system that allows us to get more mileage out of the water used for rinsing and equipment cooling.
- Our brewery in Kona, Hawaii offsets 50% of its electricity needs through a rooftop photovoltaic solar panel system.
- Through its partnership with Washington’s Department of Ecology TREEs (Technical Resources in Energy Efficiency), our Woodinville brewery identified and repaired more than 30 compressed air leaks, for $20,000 in electricity savings.
- Our water usage per gallon of beer is now 4.73 gallons, with our Portland brewery using only 4.07 gallons per gallon of beer brewed.
- All five of CB A ’s pubs are certified by the Green Restaurant Association.
For more information, visit: www.craftbrew.com.