NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) was gaining 4.7% to $79.30 Tuesday as sentiment leaned back toward Macau-related casinos seeing relatively smooth credit terms for the VIP segment according to Seeking Alpha.
Casinos that operate in Macau have been sensitive to signs of a credit slowdown from Chinese banks that could hurt traffic to the region by junket operators.
Las Vegas Sands is scheduled to announce its first quarter results on Thursday, April 24.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP (LVS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 32.07% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.31% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LVS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP has improved earnings per share by 32.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.79 versus $1.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.86 versus $2.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 32.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $434.78 million to $577.54 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, LAS VEGAS SANDS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LVS Ratings Report