Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Under Armour gained 0.3% to $53.15 in morning trading.
The firm reiterated its "buy" rating for the stock. The raised numbers were driven by first quarter sales momentum, specifically in women's and kid's apparel.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates UNDER ARMOUR INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate UNDER ARMOUR INC (UA) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- UA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- UNDER ARMOUR INC has improved earnings per share by 25.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNDER ARMOUR INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.93 versus $0.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 28.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.13 million to $64.17 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $232.41 million or 12.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNDER ARMOUR INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.92%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UA Ratings Report