Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anixter International ( AXE) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Anixter International fell $1.07 (-1.1%) to $96.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, 206,373 shares of Anixter International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 346,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $96.19-$98.25 after having opened the day at $97.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.79. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Amcon Distributing Company ( DIT), down 3.4%, Peerless Systems Corporation ( PRLS), down 3.4%, Park-Ohio Holdings ( PKOH), down 1.9% and Armco Metals Holdings ( AMCO), down 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Anixter International Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.