Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cepheid ( CPHD) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Cepheid fell $2.09 (-4.4%) to $45.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,557,854 shares of Cepheid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 759,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.30-$49.89 after having opened the day at $48.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.93. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Advanced Photonix ( API), down 8.7%, AXT ( AXTI), down 4.8%, Intevac ( IVAC), down 4.3% and Plug Power ( PLUG), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cepheid Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.