Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PacWest Bancorp ( PACW) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, PacWest Bancorp fell $0.58 (-1.4%) to $40.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 811,772 shares of PacWest Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,194,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.36-$41.35 after having opened the day at $41.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.21. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Athens Bancshares Corporation ( AFCB), down 11.3%, Doral Financial ( DRL), down 4.5%, Mid Penn Bancorp ( MPB), down 3.6% and Guaranty Federal ( GFED), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PacWest Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.