Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baidu ( BIDU) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Baidu rose $4.31 (2.8%) to $160.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,993,042 shares of Baidu exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,903,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $155.99-$160.14 after having opened the day at $157.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $155.80. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Cbeyond ( CBEY), up 38.6%, Sequans Communications ( SQNS), up 13.8%, eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 13.5% and Maxwell Technologies ( MXWL), up 12.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.