Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Essex Property ( ESS) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Essex Property rose $1.73 (1.0%) to $169.62 on light volume. Throughout the day, 557,089 shares of Essex Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 839,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $167.21-$169.66 after having opened the day at $167.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $167.89. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Zillow ( Z), up 7.6%, Starwood Waypoint Residential ( SWAY), up 5.3%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), up 4.2% and CoStar Group ( CSGP), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Essex Property Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.