Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Covidien ( COV) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Covidien rose $0.81 (1.2%) to $70.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,837,415 shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,214,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.98-$70.78 after having opened the day at $69.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.86. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: TearLab ( TEAR), up 13.4%, Staar Surgical ( STAA), up 9.4%, EnteroMedics ( ETRM), up 9.0% and Navidea Biopharmaceuticals ( NAVB), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.