Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.39 (1.2%) to $31.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,351,893 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,851,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.36-$31.88 after having opened the day at $31.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.34. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Mesa Royalty ( MTR), up 6.4%, RENN Global Entrepreneurs Fund ( RCG), up 6.1%, FBR ( FBRC), up 4.8% and Investors Capital Holdings ( ICH), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.