Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks rose $0.56 (1.5%) to $38.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,103,405 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,342,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.34-$39.41 after having opened the day at $38.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.95. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Republic First Bancorp ( FRBK), up 9.7%, First Financial Service Corporation ( FFKY), up 9.6%, Jacksonville Bancorp ( JXSB), up 9.3% and Valley Financial ( VYFC), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.