The firm said it lowered the company's rating, which owns, operates and manages liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers, due to weak outlooks for its near-term LNG shipping.
TheStreet Ratings team rates GASLOG LTD as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate GASLOG LTD (GLOG) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GLOG's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 224.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 750.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 131.05% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- GASLOG LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GASLOG LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.90 versus $0.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus $0.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 700.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.68 million to $21.45 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 145.84% to $30.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GASLOG LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.97%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GLOG Ratings Report