Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sarepta Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SRPT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.0 million.
- SRPT traded 276,236 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM, representing 21.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SRPT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SRPT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SRPT: Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery and development of RNA-based therapeutics for the treatment of rare and infectious diseases. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Sarepta Therapeutics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sarepta Therapeutics has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sarepta has a market cap of $856.4 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 40.6% with 9.94 days to cover. Shares are up 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sarepta Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$17.82 million or 148.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- SRPT's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 28.72%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SAREPTA THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SRPT, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 15.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 64.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- SRPT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.44, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Sarepta Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.