Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell $1.56 (-1.1%) to $133.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,179,596 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 965,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $132.96-$134.89 after having opened the day at $134.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $135.20. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), down 5.4%, Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), down 5.2%, E-House China Holdings ( EJ), down 5.0% and Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.