Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $1.44 (1.4%) to $102.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,235,385 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,064,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $100.84-$102.84 after having opened the day at $100.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.01. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: FX Energy ( FXEN), up 13.9%, Triangle Petroleum ( TPLM), up 10.1%, Warren Resources ( WRES), up 7.5% and Midstates Petroleum ( MPO), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.