Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $5.93 (1.1%) to $524.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,963,172 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,880,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $519.20-$527.76 after having opened the day at $520.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $519.01. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: SanDisk ( SNDK), up 9.4%, Overland Storage ( OVRL), up 8.3%, Nimble Storage ( NMBL), up 5.7% and China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.