Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Sensata Technologies Holding N.V ( ST) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sensata Technologies Holding N.V as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.1 million.
- ST has traded 31,690 shares today.
- ST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ST NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ST: Sensata Technologies Holding N.V, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of sensors and controls primarily in the Americas, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. The company operates in two segments, Sensors and Controls. ST has a PE ratio of 40.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Sensata Technologies Holding N.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Sensata Technologies Holding N.V has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sensata Technologies Holding N.V has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3.9% with 5.92 days to cover. Shares are up 13.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sensata Technologies Holding N.V as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ST's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 40.01% is the gross profit margin for SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.28% is above that of the industry average.
- SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SENSATA TECHNOLOGIES HLDG NV increased its bottom line by earning $1.05 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.41 versus $1.05).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ST's share price has jumped by 34.57%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sensata Technologies Holding N.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.