Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Core Laboratories N.V ( CLB) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Core Laboratories N.V as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.0 million.
- CLB has traded 42,145 shares today.
- CLB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLB: Core Laboratories N.V. provides reservoir description, production enhancement, and reservoir management services to the oil and gas industry in the Netherlands and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. CLB has a PE ratio of 38.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Core Laboratories N.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Core Laboratories N.V has been 297,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Core Laboratories N.V has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3.4% with 7.42 days to cover. Shares are up 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Core Laboratories N.V as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLB's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CORE LABORATORIES NV has improved earnings per share by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CORE LABORATORIES NV increased its bottom line by earning $5.28 versus $4.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.24 versus $5.28).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, CORE LABORATORIES NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 39.05% is the gross profit margin for CORE LABORATORIES NV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.42% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $87.49 million or 2.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CORE LABORATORIES NV's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 23.27%.
- You can view the full Core Laboratories N.V Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.