- Sales of $787.5 million increased $45.8 million, or 6.2%, from 2013 levels; excluding $15.2 million of acquisition-related sales and $5.9 million of unfavorable foreign currency translation, organic sales increased 5.0%.
- Operating earnings before financial services of $121.7 million improved to 15.5% of sales as compared to $107.8 million, or 14.5% of sales, last year.
- Financial services operating earnings of $34.4 million increased $3.9 million, or 12.8%, from 2013 levels.
- Consolidated operating earnings of $156.1 million improved to 18.6% of revenues (net sales plus financial services revenue) as compared to $138.3 million, or 17.6% of revenues, last year.
- Net earnings of $95.9 million, or $1.62 per diluted share, compares with net earnings of $82.8 million, or $1.40 per diluted share, a year ago.
Snap-on Incorporated (NYSE: SNA), a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks, today announced operating results for the first quarter of 2014.