Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Transocean fell $0.91 (-2.2%) to $40.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,771,668 shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,623,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.35-$41.47 after having opened the day at $41.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.49. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Compressco Partners ( GSJK), down 5.1%, PrimeEnergy ( PNRG), down 4.1%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 3.3% and Lucas Energy ( LEI), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.