Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Synaptics fell $0.61 (-1.0%) to $59.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 840,687 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,347,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $58.73-$61.61 after having opened the day at $60.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.62. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: Proofpoint ( PFPT), down 4.6%, Wave Systems Corporation ( WAVX), down 4.3%, Mitek Systems ( MITK), down 4.0% and Liquid Holdings Group ( LIQD), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.